Phibro Animal Health
Title: Dairy Area Representative Northern France and Belgium (Wallonia)
Date: January 24, 2023
Reports to: EU Dairy Business Manager, Nutritional specialties
Position Purpose: Develop the Phibro business in Northern France and Belgium (Wallonia) by finding and starting up new distribution partners for our Nutritional specialty products. Other part of the position is supporting the growth of our existing distribution partners. Our current and future distribution partners will need marketing support, sales support, technical support, services and consulting with key influencers and decision-makers.
- Business development:
- Finding and starting up new distribution partners for our nutritional specialty products.
- Responsible for the Phibro and product branding and (digital) marketing in the assigned geography.
- Provide support to achieve budgeted sales and gross margin for Phibro products in the assigned geography.
- Support local distributors for demand creation, technical service, training and sales support as required to drive the sales of nutritional specialty products.
- Be present at trade shows and industry events to build the PAH brand.
- Participate in marketing strategy and business plans to support and develop sales in the assigned region.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive activity in the assigned area and provide guidance to appropriate Species Business Manager.
- Inform other EU nutritional team members and company management of evolving issues/trends in the dairy industry by remaining current with the literature, attending professional meetings, and through direct contact with experts in the fields of nutrition and production.
- Participate in budgeting process to obtain funding to support planned programs to achieve sales objectives as set by Phibro management.
- Keep managers informed of all activities with customers, key influencers and end users.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Account management:
- Provide technical support for customers, key influencers and end users insuring proper use of dairy products and feed ingredients.
- Provide marketing support, services and consulting with key influencers and decision-makers like dairy owners and managers, independent and/or feed company salespeople and/or nutritionists, veterinarians or other influencers
- Participate in preparation of sales support materials for use by the partners sales teams and customers.
- Analyze, challenge and report sales forecast provided by nutritional distributors
- Create, develop and present technical presentations for distributors and customers.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree with emphasis in animal nutrition.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in business development with primary expertise in dairy cattle nutrition and management. Previous experience with technical/sales support would be very helpful.
- Willingness to participate in an international team-oriented and performance-driven work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strategic customer relationships, handle multiple priorities and work in a self-directed manner.
- Proven record of accomplishment of proactively accomplishing assigned goals and objectives.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
Key Competencies Required:
- Experienced in business development in the dairy cattle feed sector
- Financials - understands the relationships between sales, marketing, operations, finance etc.
- Customer orientation - knows customer’s business model and its competitive implications and how decisions are made and influenced
- Feed Manufacturers
- Understands and capitalizes on industry trends and opportunities
- Proficient in dairy cattle nutrition and management
- Understanding of nutrition and biological function in dairy cattle
- Competency required with Microsoft Office and CPM-dairy or other ration formulation programs.
- Self motivated
- Work independently
- Organization and planning
Customer oriented Skills:
- Disciplined Work Habits
- Relationship Building
- Time Management
- Handling Objections
- Problem Solving – moves beyond the immediate information to develop realistic but resourceful solutions.
- Analysis and Quantitative Skills
- Sound Judgment
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
HEALTHY ANIMALS. HEALTHY FOOD. HEALTHY WORLD.®